Community Energy Implementation Framework
- Publish Date
- December 2016
- Quality Urban Energy Systems of Tomorrow
The Community Energy Implementation Framework is a guide intended to help communities move Community Energy Plans (CEPs) from a vision to implementation.
It includes 10 strategies that provide insights, advice and a proposed path forward to:
- Foster widespread political, staff and stakeholder support
- Build staff and financial capacity for implementation
- Embed energy into the plans, policies and processes of the local government
The Framework will answer questions such as:
- Who should lead the development and implementation of the CEP?
- What stakeholder groups should you engage with and when?
- How can you effectively communicate with various stakeholder groups to ensure meaningful engagement and input?
- What internal and external resources are available to support CEP implementation?
- How can local government staff incorporate energy into existing plans and policies?
- How can staff effectively monitor and report on implementation progress?
- And more!