BC Climate Action Toolkit is committed to providing our visitors with a web site that respects their privacy.
Whenever you request a page through your browser, navigation and clickstream, data such as:
- your IP address
- browser and version
- operating system
- date and time
- the site from which you came
are stored in a log file and/or database. This information cannot be used to identify specific individuals, and is only used for:
- research and development
- anonymous user analysis
- to provide accurate statistics on web usage
This information is kept on a secure server.
We do not gather any personal information from you while you are using this site, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or address unless you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail, joining our mailing list or submitting information using one of our submission templates. Information collected from stories shared, joining our mailing list or contributing comments are not sold or disclosed to any third parties. Personal information will only be used for the specific purposes described. You will not receive any mailings you did not request.
The names and work-related contact information for local government elected and appointed officials, and for the staff of other organizations in the BC local government sector are available on this site. This contact information is in the public domain, and it is not considered personal information.
BC Climate Action Toolkit organizes and presents the material on this Web site as a service to the BC local government sector and other Internet users.
The content material made accessible via this site is of three types.
1. Content stored and served by BC Climate Action Toolkit
- These electronic files have been voluntarily provided by BC local governments, associations, and organizations for the express purpose of sharing through this web site.
- BC Climate Action Toolkit has not investigated whether any of the material provided on or through this website is subject to copyright, and make no representations or warranties with respect to the existence of any copyright in, or the nature or extent of any copyright that may exist in, any such material. Website users should enquire directly with the organization providing particular material with respect to copyright.
2. Materials stored on third party web sites and referenced by BC Climate Action Toolkit
- BC Climate Action Toolkit provides hypertext links directly to electronic files owned, stored, and served by third parties on their public web sites.
3. Content designed, organized, and published by BC Climate Action Toolkit
- All such materials published on the BC Climate Action Toolkit site are protected by copyright, and owned or controlled by BC Climate Action Toolkit, or the party credited as the provider of the content, software, or other materials. Users shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any content accessed through the BC Climate Action Toolkit service.
All stories submitted may be published on the website and in other promotional materials for the
BC Climate Action Toolkit. You hereby grant us the right to change, add to, take from, translate, reformat or reprocess the content in any manner Toolkit personnel may in its sole discretion determine.
If you have questions regarding our privacy policies, or require assistance in opting-out of our email list, please contact us.
BC Climate Action Toolkit makes no representations or warranties whatsoever, either express or implied, with respect to the accuracy, reliability or suitability for any purpose, of the information contained or referenced in this website or otherwise made available through this website. Accordingly, any person accessing or using this website accepts and assumes all risks relating to the accuracy or reliability, or arising out of the use of, the information and materials available from this website, including all related electronic information pages, supporting texts and other information accessible via this website.